Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 10 Dec 2014, 7:19 am

Yeah, that's different when you actually have met each other...tinker away Commish!
Dignitary

Post 11 Dec 2014, 3:17 pm

I don't know that geography is important enough to be worth hitching the division wagon to. I had/have no problem with it as the initial setup, but people move often enough that it's not worth the trouble to shuffle divisions just because of it.

I think if we're going to do results-based realignment, we should do it infrequently. Say, once every 5 years. That way there's time for the rivalries to flourish, and for us to filter out 'fluke' years a bit.
Adjutant

Post 12 Dec 2014, 8:48 am

Todd, I'm leaning toward agreeing with you, but five years seems a touch long. Believe me, I hope I'm in this league for many more years, but I think we should note that in recent history we've changed at least one owner every year. With that kind of turnover, it would seem to make sense to change divisions more like once every three years. Five years seems like a long time in fantasy baseball time.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 12 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

Geography is not that important but if we're not going to re-allocate teams based on performance then I think we should take advantage of natural rivalries where they exist. I like going head to head with the locals. And that Ryan guy? Yeah, I really, really, want to beat him. Badly. Like, to a pulp.
Dignitary

Post 13 Dec 2014, 9:29 am

My team is named after a Massachusetts town, but I'll actually be in California for the upcoming season, and I'm fine wherever you want to put me. It would be pretty fun to compete with Nick for the division.

I was pretty excited to head back to the Bay and see some of my 'Jacks mash it for the A's, and then Billy Beaned again. Turns out the only time I saw Donaldson and Moss in person was at a Braves game.
Dignitary

Post 15 Dec 2014, 4:18 pm

schulni wrote:Todd, I'm leaning toward agreeing with you, but five years seems a touch long. Believe me, I hope I'm in this league for many more years, but I think we should note that in recent history we've changed at least one owner every year. With that kind of turnover, it would seem to make sense to change divisions more like once every three years. Five years seems like a long time in fantasy baseball time.

I'm pretty sure that we had a stretch with no turnover for a couple years that ended when David left and Steve joined (among other things), but I could be wrong.

Still, I don't think owner turnover is reason to disrupt divisions. It's not like we tear down the existing teams and hold an expansion draft.

But 5 isn't an important number, it's just what I picked, and I think 2 is much too short. I'd probably be fine with 4, and maybe 3.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 15 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
Adjutant

Post 07 Feb 2015, 6:41 pm

SLOTerp wrote:And that Ryan guy? Yeah, I really, really, want to beat him. Badly. Like, to a pulp.

Welp, guess when I host the auction this year, you're not getting any food.

NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Feb 2015, 9:54 pm

That is one AWESOME looking grill!

I'll do what it takes to get me some BBQ - like beat you to a pulp...
Ambassador

Post 18 Jul 2015, 8:02 am

I'd love to reopen this for debate.

I'm not sure what the big advantage is to keeping set divisions.
Adjutant

Post 20 Jul 2015, 5:54 am

Doctor Fate wrote:I'd love to reopen this for debate.

Rivalries!

Mike and I have a great rivalry, partly because he lives in an inferior state... er, "commonwealth"... and partly because the only way he can finish in front of me in the standings is if I give up on the season.

I'd be open to some minor shuffling, like getting Josh into the same division, because I love to see him behind me in the standings, too, but I'm not a fan of reshuffling divisions based on previous years' records.
Dignitary

Post 20 Jul 2015, 9:25 am

Southern Marylander wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:I'd love to reopen this for debate.

Rivalries!

Mike and I have a great rivalry, partly because he lives in an inferior state... er, "commonwealth"... and partly because the only way he can finish in front of me in the standings is if I give up on the season.

I'd be open to some minor shuffling, like getting Josh into the same division, because I love to see him behind me in the standings, too, but I'm not a fan of reshuffling divisions based on previous years' records.

I wanna see Fate and Ryan in the same division. In fact, I'd like to see them playing every week! Baseball culture wars!
Adjutant

Post 20 Jul 2015, 9:45 am

geojanes wrote:I wanna see Fate and Ryan in the same division. In fact, I'd like to see them playing every week! Baseball culture wars!

I have no opinion on any topic other than baseball, where my primary motivation is to bring about the downfall of that Yankee lover, George.
Administrator

Post 20 Jul 2015, 11:35 am

Southern Marylander wrote:
geojanes wrote:I wanna see Fate and Ryan in the same division. In fact, I'd like to see them playing every week! Baseball culture wars!

I have no opinion on any topic other than baseball, where my primary motivation is to bring about the downfall of that Yankee lover, George.

I don't want George brought down, per se; just the Yankees.
Dignitary

Post 21 Jul 2015, 4:23 pm

The biggest issue with our current setup, in my opinion, is that we have 3 Brads. If we had a 4th Brad, our course would be clear- create an all-Brad division. But as it stands things are somewhat awkward.