Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 16 Mar 2014, 11:01 am

Never too early to write down thoughts for next year.

I thought pushing the keeper deadline back one week (only leaving one week between that and the auction) was a reasonable idea when it was first brought up. Then when it came up under amendment vote discussion, I changed my mind and voted no. Now that the keeper deadline just passed, I wish I had another week to see how my rookies were panning out. Hey, I don't need two weeks to do my research - I've been doing it for the past month.

It was a close vote (8-8) so I think it should go back on the ballot next year.
Dignitary

Post 16 Mar 2014, 11:58 am

It's not about doing research in a general sense, it's about having time to process the picks of other owners.

And I'm skeptical that another week of spring training really would tell you that much about your keepers that you didn't already know, outside of cases of injury.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 16 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

I've already anticipated the keepers* of most owners (well, except for Bauska - he always surprises). Besides, all I've got to do is mark the keepers I missed off my spreadsheet and recalculate player values. At this point its more about the math then knowing the players.

Your logical arguments aren't going to sway me this time. I think...

* I wish to point out that I do not look at owners individual keepers unless asked to do so prior to the deadline. I will glance at which owners have marked keepers at ESPN but again, do not look at the specifics until I lock mine down. I'm an honest broker.
Adjutant

Post 17 Mar 2014, 1:22 pm

As someone who has a lot of prospects, I find Mike's arguments to be very convincing :smile:
Anyway, Todd had his auction values computed by 3:00 a.m on Sunday so why does he need two weeks to get ready for the draft...
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Mar 2014, 6:21 pm

I'll bet Andrew would've appreciated an extra week. He could've bought out Jarrod Parker's contract & saved a few bucks at auction.