Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 29 Jun 2015, 6:09 am

Hey all, we're back in the driver's seat and ready to play catch up to C1. If you can get those plots in early I will do my best to keep us moving at a faster clip.

A bunch of wear spent this turn in Konya and Antalya, we're really bunched heading into the straight.

Next Deadline: Wednesday, July 1 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). Try to get them in by 9am EDT tomorrow and maybe we can do daily (soft) deadlines until Thursday?

Turn 13 Summary
Josh uses the increasing speed limit to go 100 for his previously paid wear. Marshall and Giovanni continue at 80 and form a line behind Josh. Meng slows to 80 and takes the line through Antalya. Jim plots 120 through the 80s in Konya for 2 wear and Antalya for another 2 wear. Chris plots 100 through the 80s in Konya and Antalya for 1 wear each.

Ken slows to 80, taking the Konya RL for free and pulls up behind Chris in Antalya. Turyko goes 120, taking the Konya 80s for 2 wear and starting the Antalya RL for 2 more wear. Simone goes 100 through the Konya 80s for a wear, and the slip from Turyko allows him to start the Antalya RL. Grant goes 120 and starts the Konya line. Dave goes 140 and pulls up inside of Grant. Doug plots 180 with a top speed test using 1 skill, he rolls a modified 6 (pass) and pulls up behind Dave.

IstanbulC2-Turn13.png
Ambassador

Post 30 Jun 2015, 7:32 am

5 cars finish their first lap as we get to process the turn early. After 1 lap, Jim is the fastest car on the track with an average speed of 120, followed by Meng at 119 and Giovanni at 117.

Next Deadline: Turn 15 will be due Tomorrow (soft deadline), Wednesday, July 1 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. Hard deadline will be Thursday, July 2 at the same time. If I can process a turn on Friday I will but it will likely be later in the day.

Turn 14 Summary
Josh goes 120 down the straight. Marshall and Giovanni do the same, but take slips from the car ahead of them. Jim roars out of Antalya at 160 and grabs Giovanni's tail. Meng goes 140 and lines up behind Jim.

Turyko finishes the racing line at 120. Chris continues at 100 and lines up behind Turyko. Ken finishes the corner at 80 and pulls to the inside. Simone goes 100 on the Antalya line for a wear and pulls in between Chris and Ken.

Grant takes the Konya line for 2 wear and then the Antalya 80s for 2 wear. Dave goes 100 and takes the Konya 60 for 2 wear and the Antalya racing line for another wear. Doug plots 120 and then tests his brakes with 1s (Mod 6, Pass) down to 100. He takes the Konya 80s for a wear and ends on the line for Antalya.

IstanbulC2-Turn14.png
Ambassador

Post 02 Jul 2015, 6:52 am

We're bunching up again in Istanbul but the lead three look set to break away. Another lead change as Marshall jumps ahead of Josh, and a bunch of slipstreams down the straightaway.

Next Deadine: Soft deadline for Turn 16 plots is tomorrow at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I'll process the turn whenever I get all of them, but the hard deadline will be Monday, July 6 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. If I can process the turn tomorrow morning then Turn 17 will go on Monday.

Turn 15 Summary
Marshall gets the jump on Josh by going 120 through the Istanbul 100s for a wear. Josh follows at 100 for free. Giovanni also goes 100 and takes the 80s for a wear. Jim goes 120 and takes the 100s for a wear behind Josh. Meng plots 100 with the slip on Jim and heads into the corner behind him for free.

Turyko plots 140 and ends in the center lane just before Istanbul. Chris and Simone each go 140 and take the available slips and end on the inside. Ken pushes his acceleration with 2s (rolling a Mod 9) to do the same and keep the line going.

Dave exits the corner at 140 and continues on the inside. Grant goes 120 and opts for the center lane. Doug takes the Antalya racing line for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn15.png
Ambassador

Post 03 Jul 2015, 6:00 am

Josh goes slower than most expect, which gives Jim the chance to make a run and causes braking and rerouting for Chris and Simone. Thanks for the quick turnaround on plots!

Next Deadline: Turn 17 plots due Monday, July 6 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). As always, if you guys turn them around quickly I will try to adjudicate this weekend.

Turn 16 Summary
In what appears to be a misplot, Marshall goes 160 and grabs the Ankara line. Because entering the corner at +100 would lead to a crash, he must late brake to 140 for a wear. Giovanni plots 140 with a slip and lines up outside of Marshall just before Ankara. Josh slows to 80 and heads inside. Jim continues at 120 and pulls in front of Josh. Meng contines at 100 and grabs Josh's tail.

Turyko goes 140 in the 100s for 2 wear and lines up outside of Josh. Chris goes 120 through the 80s for 2 wear but runs out of room, so he late brakes for another wear and lines up behind Turyko. [RM clarification: A car needs to move at least one space before late braking. Because that one space takes Chris into the corner, he must pay for going +40.] Simone also plots 120, but has some room to work with so he foregoes the slip opportunity and takes the 100s for a wear, then pulls up behind Meng.

Ken plots 100 through the 100s for free. Dave plots 120 and starts the Ankara 100s for a wear. Grant also goes 120 and approaches Ankara in the outside lane. Doug plots 160 and tests acceleration with 1 skill. He rolls a modified 4 and heads inside.

IstanbulC2-Turn16.png
Ambassador

Post 06 Jul 2015, 7:16 am

Still bunching up ahead of Ankara and that allows Dave, Grant, and Doug start closing the gap. Marshall, Giovanni, and Jim clear Ankara and set their sights on Izmir.

Next Deadline: Turn 18 Plots due Wednesday, July 8 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). We've caught up from my vacation delay now, but we're about a week behind C1 still because they started ahead of us. I'll keep cranking out turns early as long as I have the plots early.

Turn 17 Summary
Marshall and Giovanni each plot 100 for 2 wear through Ankara, Marshall on the Racing Line and Giovanni through the 60s, with Giovanni lining up behind Marshall on the other side. Jim & Turyko also plot 100 on the RL for two wear each. Josh continues at 80 and starts the Ankara line.

Meng and Chris both plot 80 and aim for the racing line. Meng goes first and claims it, Chris lines up to the inside. Simone plots 100 but runs out of room, so he late brakes for a wear and pulls in behind Chris. Ken pulls out of Istanbul at 120 and lines up next to Simone.

Dave continues at 120 and pulls out of Istanbul to the inside. Grant plots 120 and opts to conserve wear by using the dice with 1 skill applied - he rolls a modified 5 and keeps pace with Dave. Doug takes the Istanbul 100s at 100 for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn17.png
Ambassador

Post 08 Jul 2015, 9:48 am

Here's a reminder to submit conditional routes with your plot, or to specify whether you want to force pass. Traffic continues to be a problem for some around Ankara.

Next Deadline: Turn 19 due Friday, July 10 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). We were really close to being able to process the turn yesterday - I had 10 of 12 plots in by 9am. Let's see if we can go tomorrow, shall we?

Turn 18 Summary
Marshall and Giovanni plot 120 into Izmir for 2 wear each. Marshall takes the Racing Line and Giovanni gets the slip and takes the 80s. Jim pulls out of Ankara at 120, Turyko follows him at 120 (posted speed increases so no additional payment required). Josh takes the Ankara line at 80 for a wear.

Chris goes 80 through the 60s for a wear, and blocks the line for Meng who plots 80 on the line but with the line blocked her goes into the 60s and 80 space for a wear. Simone plots 100 but will run out of room, so he brakes to 80 with a wear and takes the 60s for another wear. Ken seems to have anticipated the traffic and plots 60 on the racing line for free.

Dave and Grant both go 80 and start the RL ahead of Ankara. Doug plots 140 and lines up inside of Grant.

IstanbulC2-Turn18.png
Ambassador

Post 10 Jul 2015, 7:44 pm

Sorry for the delay folks. I had a busy morning and also had to make some corrections. An intrepid driver, who I shall refer to from now on as "The Watcher," has been double-checking the RM and found him a tad sloppy. :grin: I've made the following corrections prior to running turn 19:
1) Giovanni used a wear to go 100 through Istanbul in Turn 15 but it was not accounted for. Pre-Turn 19, he should have had 9 wear, not 10.
2) Also in Turn 15, Ken used 2 skill on a dice roll. Like the above, this was noted in the narrative but not in the skill total, so pre-turn 19 his skill total is 4 1-skill chips, not 6.
3) Jim used a wear in Turn 9 on a late brake, but I did not account for that. He should have 10 wear pre-turn 19, not 11.

Additionally, after conferring with Mike, I made an adjudication error in Turn 18 with Simone's plot as it relates to the emergency braking. Simone did not place conditions for emergency braking in his plot. Specifically, if a driver wants to brake before the corner, it needs to be specified in the plot, otherwise the driver enters the corner at the plotted speed. His plot should have taken him into the corner for 2 wear with a late brake for another wear. I braked him before the corner for 2 total wear in error. This doesn't change his position, only his wear total, pre-turn 19 should be 14. [Note that when braking in a corner, additional payment is lost beyond finishing speed. Simone entered at +40, but can continue at +20.]

My apologies to Simone in particular, but to the other drivers noted above as well. This is a lot and some of it reaches back, so I'm going to ask that any errors be noted to me from now on within 2 turns prior to the current turn, or they will stand.

Your Race Moderator is only human, so thanks for your understanding. :-)

Anyway, on with the Race!

Next Deadline: Turn 20 plots are due Monday, July 13 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 19 Summary
Marshall exits Izmir at 140 and takes the Bursa racing line for a wear. Giovanni continues at 120 and starts the Bursa line for free. Jim and Turyko both go 80 and take the Izmir line for free. Josh goes 120 and starts the RL. Chris and Meng both plot 140 and keep pace with each other - Chris inside, Meng lining up behind Josh.

Simone accelerates to 100 through the 80 space by virtue of the increasing speed limit and heads inside. Ken can increase to 80 on the line and settles in behind Simone. Dave goes 80 on the line for a wear. Doug also plots 80, but takes the 60s for a wear and blocks the racing line. Grant plots 80 as well, but with the line blocked he instead takes the 60s for a wear and finishes in the 80 space.

IstanbulC2-Turn19.png
Ambassador

Post 13 Jul 2015, 7:43 am

Marshall gets some separation while Meng, Dave, and Doug make some moves.

Next Deadline: Turn 21 Plots due Wednesday, July 15 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 20 Summary
Marshall continues at 140, finishing the Bursa line and taking the Adana line for a wear. Giovanni plots 120 to finish the Bursa line and takes the inside lane through Adana for free. Jim and Turyko each accelerate to 120 and take the Bursa line. Josh takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear and starts the Bursa line. Meng takes the Izmir line at 120 for 2 wear and pulls up to the inside of Josh. Chris goes 80 and takes the Izmir line for free.

Simone goes 100 and takes the Izmir line for a wear. Ken goes 80 and stays to the inside. Dave goes 120 and passes Ken to start the Izmir line. Doug goes 140 and pulls up behind Dave. Grant goes 80 and opts for the outside lane.

IstanbulC2-Turn20.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Jul 2015, 5:52 am

Doug continues his run up from the back while Grant rolls the dice and gets lucky.

Next Deadline: Turn 22 due Friday, July 17 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 21 Summary
Marshall and Giovanni plot 120 on the Gaziantep racing line for free. Jim goes 140 on the Adana line for free and stays to the outside. Turyko goes 120, finishing the Bursa line and taking the inside lane through Adana. Meng goes 140 through the Bursa 120s for a wear and then takes the Adana line for free. Josh takes the Bursa racing line at 140 for a wear, and then with the Adana line blocked, he takes the 140s to keep pace with Meng.

Chris goes 120 on the Bursa line for free. Simone plots 140 and takes the Bursa line for a wear. Dave takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear and starts the Bursa line. Doug follows at 120 for 2 wear on the Izmir line, and then pulls inside of Dave ahead of Bursa. Ken takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear and lines up behind Dave on the Bursa line. Grant goes 120 on the Izmir line, paying a wear and opting for chance with 1 skill applied. He rolls a mod 6 (pass) and the skill chip saves him from a spin.

IstanbulC2-Turn21.png
Ambassador

Post 19 Jul 2015, 5:06 am

Sorry for the delay, folks. It's been a wild week. We will try to get back on track this week.

Next Deadline: Turn 23 plots due Tuesday, July 21 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline). If you guys can get the plots in by tomorrow I'll process early and we can do another deadline on Wednesday - I just know I can't get to turn at the normal morning time frame on Tuesday. We're about 4 and a half turns behind C1. I'll do my best to get us caught back up if you keep submitting your plots early.

Turn 22 Summary
Marshall hits the gas and goes 160. Giovanni uses the increasing speed on the Gaziantep racing line to throttle up to 140. Jim goes 120 on the racing line for free. Turyko goes 140 on the line for a wear and lines up behind Jim. Meng and Josh also plot 140. Meng has the initiative, so he takes the racing line while Josh heads outside, each spending a wear.

Chris goes 140 on the Adana line and starts the Gaziantep line. Simone takes the Adana line for free at 140. Doug goes 140 and takes the Bursa 120s for a wear and the Adana line for free. Dave also goes 140, taking the Bursa racing line for a wear and the Adana 140s. Ken goes 140 but cannot utilize the slipstream, so he takes the Bursa line for a wear and then follows Dave into the Adana 140s. Grant cruises through the Bursa line at 120 for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn22.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Jul 2015, 7:33 am

Long ago I had developed formulae for determining average speeds/times for Speed Circuit. I finally got some time to apply it to our race. I hope you like it. Any questions or comments let me know. I plan to post it each time the last car completes a section.
IstanbulC2_Lap2_sec1.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Jul 2015, 8:13 am

Very cool, Jim!

Here are a few questions:

1) What determines a section (equal quarters)?
2) What of cars that start/end in different sections?
3) With braking, are you using plotted speed or post-braking speed?
4) Can you do this for C1? :grin:

Kal is doing some data collection as well - you may wish to compare notes.

Thanks!
Mike
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 20 Jul 2015, 3:57 am

And here are a few answers :)

1) The sections are determined by Doug's 1/3 timing marks on the track. Each section is not exactly equal, but they're close.
2) Each car's speed is determined at the time it reaches the timing mark. In most cases that will be during a move but the formulae account for a partial move. And btw, the "extra" distance travelled by cars that do not start in the first row is also accounted for on lap 1 and overall race computations.
3) Although a bit more complex than that, basically the computations boil down to a simple distance/time. Therefore plotted speed is not used at all. The same thing applies to slips. The only thing that matters is how many spaces the car actually moves in the turn that it crosses the timing mark.
4) I can do this for C1 but it might take me a week or two to put it together. (Or I might get a chance to do it this week, I never know. I love my life :)

...Jim...
Ambassador

Post 21 Jul 2015, 5:24 am

Thanks all - I was able to get most of the processing done yesterday and finished it up this morning. Let's see if we can turn it around tomorrow?

Next Deadline: Turn 24 plots due Wednesday, July 22 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Thursday at the same time. A look ahead to next week: I'll be traveling for work but this should not impact turn processing much, if at all. In fact, it may even get better!

Turn 23 Summary
Marshall goes 140 down the middle. Giovanni, Jim, and Turyko, and Meng all go 160 and head inside. Turyko gets the slip on Jim, so he pulls up alongside him. Meng uses the increasing posted speed on the racing line. Josh continues at 140.

Chris takes the racing line at 140 for a wear and lines up behind Josh. Simone takes the line at 120 for free. Dave plots 160 and gets the initiative on Doug, but first he has to roll on the Top Speed table. He uses 2s and rolls a modified 5. He busts through Gaziantep on the racing line for 2 wear.

Doug goes 140 and takes the Gaziantep RL for a wear. Ken goes 120 and starts the line. Grant continues at 120 through Adana.

IstanbulC2-Turn23.png
Ambassador

Post 23 Jul 2015, 7:35 am

We're cruising into Konya with a battle for 1st and a battle for 3rd as Giovanni catches back up to Marshall. Reminder to weigh in on the order of the next two tracks, check the Pit Row forum on Redscape - as I write, the tracks are split at 3 votes each.

Also, as we get closer to the final lap of the first race in Season 2 - a gentle reminder that collusion is against the RFR sportsmanship rules. This is the first race in the Redscape Grand Prix for all of you. Some circuits are more open to coordination than ours, so it's a pertinent reminder. For more information, please see the Redscape Grand Prix rules (link) or send a note to me and Mike.

Next Deadline: Turn 25 plots due Friday, July 24 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). I know we have at least one driver traveling with spotty internet so this may not work. Hard deadline will be Monday, July 27 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I will be travelling for work more often than not over the next 3 weeks, but this should not impact normal turn processing. If you get your plots in early I may be able to process early, it will just be early in the morning or late at night.

Turn 24 Summary
Marshall slows to 100 and grabs the Konya racing line. Giovanni keeps the pedal down at 160 and pulls up outside of Marshall. Jim and Turyko both go 160 and stay side-by-side as they approach Konya. Meng keeps pace, also going 160. Josh goes 140 and heads inside, while Chris goes 160 and pulls up next to him.

Simone goes 160 and heads inside. Dave plots 160 and again consults the Top Speed table with 1 skill, he rolls a Mod 7 and heads to the inside. Doug keeps pace at 160 and stays right behind him. Ken and Grant both take the Gaziantep racing line at 140 for a wear.
IstanbulC2-Turn24.png