Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 08 May 2015, 9:50 am

All drivers are confirmed now, check the "Reference: Drive List" post for details. All results will be posted here for the race. Select "Subscribe Topic" over to the left if you want to be automatically notified of new posts via email.

Deadlines:
I am implementing a Flex Deadline concept that was discussed a bit near the end of the Montreal race. Please let me know if you have questions on this. Details are here: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=2994

The first deadline will be for Car Builds. Car Builds will be due next Friday, May 15 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I already have 2 builds in from Josh and Andy. If I receive them all before Friday, I will post the results earlier (unless someone indicates that they need me to hold off). If I will accept qualifying/position bids as well, but you may want to wait until the builds are revealed.

Plot/Order Submission:
Send all plots to either email indicated for me. Please include "Istanbul" and "C2" somewhere in your subject line so I can use my filters to keep emails for this race and the Circuit 1 race separated. I will endeavor to confirm receipt of your orders in a timely fashion. I will typically only confirm when I have transferred the plot into my spreadsheet, so I wait until I can do that usually.
Ambassador

Post 15 May 2015, 6:03 am

Thanks for getting your builds in, everyone. The build results are below. We had several duplicates this race: Turyko, Giovanni, Jim, & Simone have an identical configuration while Andy & Grant also opted for the same stats. The remaining 6 have unique builds.

Next Deadline: Bids will be due Wednesday, May 20 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC, but I will process them early if all are received ahead of that.

IstanbulC2-Builds.png
Ambassador

Post 20 May 2015, 7:56 am

Starting Grid is below. Josh takes the pole after winning the tiebreaker roll with Marshall. Smart Money bid award goes to Dave, who bids just one skill and starts in row 5 with Simone, who bid 6 skill.

Many tiebreakers, you should have received your dice rolls via email a while ago.

Next Deadline: Turn 1 Plots due Friday, May 22 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I will adjudicate early if all plots are received early.

IstanbulC2-Turn00-StartingGrid.png
Ambassador

Post 22 May 2015, 7:16 am

2 NPRs and 1 dice roll kept things a little more interesting than otherwise. NPRs from Ken and Andy - I know both intend to continue but Gents: I'm treating turn 1 as a grace period. Get your turn 2 plots in or I will look for replacements.

Next Deadline: Turn 2 Plots due Tuesday, May 26 (due to the Memorial Day holiday in the States) at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I will not be adjudicating this turn early, and don't expect plot confirmations until late. Please get them in today, though, to be sure you don't miss Tuesday's deadline.

Turn 1 Summary
Josh and Marshall jump out in front with their 100 start speed, Josh staying to the inside and Marshall in the middle. Giovanni uses his 60 start speed and stays inside. NPR from Ken, the RM plot is to take his 100 start speed and head to the outside. Meng gets the jump on Chris and plots 80, using 1 skill to test his start speed. He rolls a modified 9 and pulls up next to Giovanni. Chris follows at 60 and lines up behind Giovanni. Jim and the rest of the field stick with their start speed of 60 and head for the innermost available lane, except Andy who is another NPR - he goes 60 and takes the outside lane.

IstanbulC2-Turn01.png
Ambassador

Post 26 May 2015, 7:09 am

We've found all of our drivers after the first turn and we start our passage through the Istanbul corner.

Next Deadline: Turn 3 due Thursday, May 28 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. This is a soft deadline, and if I receive all plots early I may process the turn early. Let me know if you do not want me to do an early processing. The hard deadline (beyond which I will record a NPR and use an RM plot) if Friday, May 29 at the same time.

Turn 2 Summary
Marshall plots 120 through the Istanbul 80s for 2 wear and takes the lead. Josh goes 80 through the 60 space for a wear and heads outside. Ken takes the 100s for free. Meng plots 120 and pulls up behind Ken in the 100s for a wear. Giovanni goes 100 and ends in the 60 space for 2 wear. Chris plots 100 and pulls into the middle lane just before Istanbul.

Jim and Turyko plot 100 and continue side by side. Simone and Dave do the same. Grant and Andy both plot 120. Grant goes first since he's to the inside, and takes the outside lane next to Dave. Andy has nowhere to go and must spend a wear to tap the brakes. He pulls up behind Dave in the middle lane.

IstanbulC2-Turn02.png
Ambassador

Post 28 May 2015, 6:39 am

We're getting really bunched up after Istanbul but so far only 1 late brake, which I think is better than the C1 race could say for turn 3.

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots are due Monday, June 1 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If I get all plots in by 9am EDT tomorrow I will process the turn and we'll have turn 5 due Monday.

Turn 3 Summary
Marshall drops to 100 and grabs the Ankara line. Josh accelerates to 100 and starts the line behind Marshall. Giovanni goes 140 and with the line occupied, takes the inside space next to Josh. Ken also plots 140 but with the route blocked and no room to pass, he must spend a wear to tap the brakes and pulls up behind Giovanni. Meng continues at 120, having paid for that speed last turn, and continues the conga line behind Ken. Chris takes the Istanbul corner through the 80s at 120 for 2 wear, and catches up to Meng in the inside lane.

Jim and Turyko both plot 80 through the 80s. Jim goes first and pulls to the inside just past Istanbul. Turyko gets a slip from Chris and finishes just ahead of Jim. Grant plots 120 through the Istanbul 100s for a wear and pulls up next to Jim. Dave plots 100 through the 100s for free. Simone goes 80 through the 80s for free. Andy plots 80 through the 60 space for 1 wear.

IstanbulC2-Turn03.png
Ambassador

Post 01 Jun 2015, 7:26 am

Another exciting turn around Ankara with a few late brakes: some intentional, others not... Also an NPR from Andy. Andy, you with us buddy?

Next Deadline: Turn 5 plots are due Wednesday, June 3 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are received, I will process the turn early.

Turn 4 Summary
Marshall plots 80 on the Ankara line for a wear. Josh plots 120 and then late brakes using 1 skill to the roll to drop to 100. He rolls a modified 8. With the end of the line blocked, he opts to take the 60s at 100 for 2 wear and lines up behind Marshall. Giovanni plots 100 through the 60s and ends inside of Josh. Ken goes 60 on the racing line for free. Meng plots 100 and takes the 60s for 2w and pulls up inside of Ken. Chris plots 80 and grabs the line ahead of Ankara.

Turyko plots 120 and pulls up outside of Chris. Jim also plots 120 and grabs the racing line. Grant plots 120 as well but late brakes to 100 and tucks in behind Jim, ready to access the Ankara line next turn. Simone plots 120 and pulls up inside of Grant. Dave plots 120 but runs out of room, he late brakes for a wear and pulls up behind Simone. NPR from Andy, the RM plot accelerates him to by 20 to 100 and he pulls up outside of Dave.

IstanbulC2-Turn04.png
Ambassador

Post 03 Jun 2015, 10:46 am

Giovanni gets a slight edge on Marshall as they approach Izmir and another NPR from Andy.

Andy - I need you to confirm your continued participation by NOON EDT tomorrow, June 4, or I will seek a replacement driver.

Next Deadline: Friday, June 5 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 5 Summary
Marshall plots 120 and grabs the Izmir line. Giovanni goes 140 and pulls up inside of Marshall. Josh plots 120 and grabs Giovanni's tail. Meng continues at 100 to exit Ankara and heads to the inside. Ken takes advantage of the increasing speed limit in the corner to go 80 on the line, and pulls up behind Meng. Chris drops 2 wear on the line and pulls up outside of Ken.

Turyko goes 80 through the Ankara 60s for a wear. Jim takes the racing line at 100 for 2 wear and lines up behind Ken. Simone takes the racing line at 80 for a wear. Grant starts the line for a wear at 80 but cannot finish it, so he opts to leave the line for an additional wear and finishes in the 80 space next to Simone. Dave plots 60 and grabs the line ahead of Ankara. NPR from Andy, he takes 60 for the RM plot and pulls up next to Dave.

IstanbulC2-Turn05.png
Ambassador

Post 05 Jun 2015, 8:37 am

Giovanni is the first to grab the Bursa line, but gets passed by Marshall and Josh. NPR from Turyko. Still with us, T? Doug takes it slow as he hops into the Brown car.

Next Deadline: Turn 7 Plots due Monday, June 8 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 6 Summary
Giovanni plots 100 through the 80s for a wear and grabs the Bursa racing line. Marshall takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear and pulls around Giovanni to the inside. Josh takes the Izmir line at 120 for 2 wear but, like Marshall, he can't start the Bursa line so he pulls around Giovanni also. Meng goes 120 on the Izmir line for 2 wear. Chris plots 140, starts the Izmir line and late brakes for a wear, then moves through the corner on the line at 120 for 2 wear. Ken goes 100 and gets the slip from Meng. He can't slip into the corner on the line, because Chris is in the way, so he pulls into the 80s for a wear.

Jim goes 100 and takes the inside lane. NPR from Turyko. The RM Plot has him accelerate at a max of 20 to 100, and he takes the outside lane. Simone goes 120 and pulls up inside of Turyko. Grant pulls out of the corner at 80 and heads for the inside lane. Dave takes the Ankara line at 80 for a wear. Doug lowers his helmet visor and takes the 60s at 60 for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn06.png
Ambassador

Post 08 Jun 2015, 7:06 am

Josh takes the lead as we start spreading out a lot sooner than the nuts in C1, your RM included. All of our drivers are back in their seats this turn.

Next Deadline: Turn 8 plots due Wednesday, June 10 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 7 Summary
Josh guns it to 140 and takes the Bursa 100s for 2 wear and the Adana line for free. Marshall follows him at 120 for 1 wear, also grabbing the Adana line. Giovanni plots 120 and adds the slip from Josh. He takes the Bursa line for free and with the Adana line blocked by Marshall, he heads to the 140s. Meng & Chris both plot 120, finishing the Izmir line and taking the Bursa line for free. Ken continues at 100 and starts the Bursa line.

Jim takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear and pulls up behind Ken on the Bursa line. Simone also takes the Izmir line at 100 for a wear. Turyko follows on the line at 80 for free. Grant plots 100 and takes the Izmir line for a wear. Dave and Doug both plot 120 with Dave starting the line ahead of Izmir.

IstanbulC2-Turn07-logo.png
Ambassador

Post 10 Jun 2015, 8:45 am

Sorry for the short delay folks! We're moving at a good clip around through the Bursa and Adana corners with no incidents, and even some slips.

Next Deadline: Turn 9 Plots due Friday at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I will probably be an hour or so late like today, but don't count on that. As always, if everyone gets their plots in ahead of the deadline I'll try to process results early.

Turn 8 Summary
Josh, Marshall, and Giovanni all plot 140 and start the Gaziantep racing line (Josh & Marshall spend a wear each). Meng plots 140 on the Adana line for free. Chris plots 120 and takes the inside lane in Adana for free. Ken takes the Bursa line at 140 for a wear and the Adana line for free. Jim follows Ken at 120 and a slipstream for free.

Simone plots 140, takes the Bursa line for a wear, and starts the Adana line. Turyko follows at 120 and a slipstream for free. Grant plots 100 and starts the Bursa line below speed. [RM Note: I did not properly deduct the wear that Grant spent last turn, his total has been updated to reflect the correct amount.] Dave and Doug both take the Izmir line for free, and Dave starts the Bursa line.

IstanbulC2-Turn08.png
Ambassador

Post 12 Jun 2015, 7:16 am

The lead three appear to pull away but Meng and Chris are ready to hit the gas coming out of Gaziantep.

Next Deadline: Turn 10 plots due Monday, June 15 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). Here's our chance to catch up at turn on C1 before I head out of town the last week of June. If I get all plots over the weekend and have a few minutes to put through the turn I will process early.

Turn 9 Summary
Josh and Marshall pull out of Gaziantep at 160. Giovanni keeps pace at 160 for 2 wear on the racing line and they form a conga line out in front. Meng and Chris both take the Gaziantep RL for free at 120. Ken takes finishes the Adana line at 120 and takes the next line into Gaziantep.

Jim starts out of Adana at 140 but late brakes as he starts the Gaziantep line to pull up behind Ken, just before the corner. Simone also goes 140 on the Adana RL but with Jim blocking the next line, pulls to the inside ahead of the corner. Turyko goes 140 on the Adana line and starts the Gaziantep line behind Jim. Grant goes 120 on the Bursa and Adana lines for free. Dave takes the Bursa line at 140 for a wear and the Adana line for free. Doug goes 120 on the Bursa line for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn09.png
Ambassador

Post 14 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm

We have 3 wide as we approach Konya! Dave's unfriendly dice have apparently followed him from Montreal as he does engine damage when he tests top speed.

Next Deadline: Turn 11 plots due Tuesday, June 16 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (soft deadline). The hard deadline for NPRs is Wednesday, June 17 at the same time. Thanks for getting your plots in early this time. We've almost caught up to C1. And again, if you guys turn around quick I'll process early again.

Turn 10 Summary
Josh goes 140 and keeps to the inside. Marshall and Giovanni each plot 160, but Giovanni gets the slip from Marshall to make it three wide! Meng punches the accelerator and goes 180 in a bid to catch up. Chris pulls out of Gaziantep at 160. Ken uses the increasing speed limit on the line to accelerate to 140.

Jim drops 2 wear on the line at 160 and pulls up next to Ken. Simone goes 120 on the outside for free. Turyko goes 120 on the line for free and takes the slip from Jim, and pulls in front of Simone. Grant goes 140 and takes the Gaziantep line for a wear.

Dave decides to play catch up and plots 180. He plots rolls a modified 10 and is forced to replot at 160 and suffers engine damage, for the rest of the race his top speed is 140. He takes the 120s in Gaziantep for 2 wear. Doug takes the Adana line for free.

IstanbulC2-Turn10v2.png
Ambassador

Post 16 Jun 2015, 8:03 pm

Sorry everyone for the delay, and especially to Grant who I bugged to get in his orders, which he did, then I was unable to process the turn at the deadline.

Next Deadline: Turn 12 plots due Friday, June 19 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If I get the orders in sooner, I will process early. ALSO NOTE: Next week we will not have any turns processed as I'll be on vacation and may or may not actually have a computer with me to process turns. Enjoy your week off - if by some miracle I do have time to process turns and your plots are in, I'll try to post a turn but I would not hold my breath. Turn 13 plots tentatively due Monday, June 29.

Turn 11 Summary
Josh plots 140 then breaks down to 120 for a wear, grabbing the Konya RL and blocking it for Marshall and Giovanni. They both plot 140 and pull up in lanes 1 and 2 just before Konya. Meng goes 140. Chris goes 160. Ken and Jim maintain their side-by-side this turn by both plotting 160.

Turyko & Simone both got 160, and with the slip Simone pulls even with Turyko. Grant pulls away from Gaziantep at 140 and stays in the center. Dave continues at 160 and takes another roll on the top speed table with 1 skill. This time he rolls an 8 (success) and exits Gaziantep with his engine intact. [Note: I neglected to deduct Dave's 2w last turn so it is now reflected in his stat box.] Doug takes the Gaziantep line at 120 for free.
IstanbulC2-Turn11.png
Ambassador

Post 19 Jun 2015, 8:11 am

NPR from Giovanni and now we start a bit of a lull. I'll be out of town on a family vacation all of next week. In the unlikely event I have the time and all plots received, I'll process a turn.

Next Deadline: Turn 13 plots due Monday, June 29 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 12 Summary
Marshall overbrakes to 80 for a wear and then takes the 60 space in Konya for another wear and the 80s in Antalya for free. NPR from Giovanni: with the RM plot he overbrakes to 80 for a wear and then takes the 80s in Konya and Antalya. Josh also overbrakes to 80, but he takes the racing line for free in Konya and the 60 space for a wear in Antalya. Meng plots 100 and takes the 80s in Konya for a wear.

Chris goes 120 and starts the Konya racing line. Jim goes 160 and opts for the outside lane. Ken goes 140 and starts the racing line behind Chris. Turyko goes 160 and lines up inside. Simone goes 140 and pulls up behind Turyko. Grant goes 160 and sticks to the center lane. Dave goes 140 and lines up behind him. Doug hits the gas and goes 160.

IstanbulC2-Turn12.png