Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 23 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm

Our chase pack all have the same ideas, and so do Doug and Chris as they attempt to catch up. Meng's dice have gotten a little friendlier.

Next Deadline: Turn 37 plots due Tuesday, August 25 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline is Wednesday (8/26) at the same time.

Turn 36 Summary
Giovanni plots 120 and starts the Konya racing line. Turyko, Jim, Marshall and Simone all plot 160: Turyko stays to the outside, Jim heads inside. Marshall gets a slip from Jim to pull even with him, and Simone lines up behind Jim. Doug & Chris both plot 120 for free on the Gaziantep line, but Chris gets the slip from Doug to pull even.

Meng plots 140 and reaches for the dice on an acceleration roll (naked 3) and takes the Adana racing line. Ken continues at 100 and takes the Adana line below speed. Josh continues at 120 and takes the inside lane through Adana for free. Dave recovers from his spin at 40 on the inside lane. Grant plots 120 and goes around Dave through the Bursa 120s.

IstanbulC2-Turn36.png
Ambassador

Post 26 Aug 2015, 6:00 am

As Giovanni cruises toward the end, Simone edges into 2nd and makes it 3-wide heading into Konya with Marshall immediately behind!

Next Deadline: Turn 38 plots due Friday, August 28 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 37 Summary
Giovanni heads into Konya at 80 through the 80s and grabs the Antalya line. Turyko plots 120, grabs the Konya line and then late brakes using 2s for a brakes test (Mod 1) before entering the corner. [RM Note: Turyko exchanged his 1x3s chip for 3x1s chips.] Jim slows to 140 and takes the outside lane next to Turyko. Marshall goes 120 and heads for the inside lane. Simone goes 140 and takes the slip from Jim to pass Marshall and make it 3 wide heading into Konya!

Doug plots 180 and takes a roll on the Top Speed table with 2s applied (Mod 8). Chris goes 160 and lines up behind him. Meng plots 120 and takes the Gaziantep line for free. Ken goes 140 and takes the line for a wear. Josh plots 120 and grabs the line behind him for free.

Grant plots 120 through the inside lane in Adana. Dave plots 100 and uses 1 skill on the acceleration table (mod 6), and follows the Adana line.

IstanbulC2-Turn37.png
Ambassador

Post 28 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm

Jim grabs his dice twice as he jumps into 2nd, Chris can be heard yelling "YAHTZEE!" down the straightaway as he gets the bonus slip on Doug. Dave's asks for a new set of dice as he spins again heading into Gaziantep.

Next Deadline: Turn 39 plots due Monday, August 31 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC.

Turn 38 Summary
Giovanni continues at 80 on the Antalya line and heads inside. Jim plots 120 and gets the jump on Simone and Turyko. He burns his last 2 wear in the 80s of Konya then late brakes to 100 upon exiting using 2s (mod 9) and takes the Antalya line using a Chance roll with a 3-skill chip (mod 4). Turyko goes next at 100, taking the Konya line for a wear and the Antalya 80s for his last wear. Simone drops to 80, using 1s to overbrake (mod 4). He takes the inner lane through Konya for a wear and the 80s in Antalya for free. Marshall plots 80 through the 80s in Konya and starts the Antalya line.

Doug plots 180, again testing top speed with 2s (mod 8) and grabs the Konya line. Chris plots 140 and takes the double slip from Doug, pulling up inside of him before Konya. Meng plots 180 and heads for the inside down the straight. Ken keeps pace by plotting 180 and testing top speed with 2s (mod 6). Josh continues at 120 through Gaziantep on the line. Grant takes the Gaziantep line for free at 120. Dave plots 140 and takes the Gaziantep line for Chance with 2s, he rolls a mod 7 and spins again (I'm with you, Dave. 2 spins in C1).

IstanbulC2-Turn38 v2.png
Ambassador

Post 31 Aug 2015, 7:26 am

Giovanni takes the Checkered Flag! Jim and Turyko also finish right behind him. Simone, Marshall, and Doug should all cross in Turn 40. Ken catches up with Meng to keep things interesting in the back.

Next Deadline: Turn 40 plots due Wednesday, September 2 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If you want to submit multiple turns at once, I'll process turns earlier.

Turn 39 Summary
Giovanni throttles up to 120 and takes the checkered flag! Jim plots 160 and tests acceleration with 1s (mod 9) to cross the finish just behind Giovanni. Turyko goes 140 and finishes just behind Jim.

Simone continues at 80 and heads out of Antalya. Marshall plots 80 on the Antalya line for free. Doug overbrakes to 100 using his 3-skill chip (no roll needed). He takes the Konya line for a wear and blasts through the Antalya 60s for his last 2 wear. Chris plots 80 through Konya for free and onto the Antalya line.

Meng goes 140 down the straightaway. Ken goes 160 and lines up behind Meng. Josh goes 120. Grant goes 180, testing top speed with 2s (Mod 4) and pulls up alongside Josh. Dave restarts from his spin at 40.

IstanbulC2-Turn39.png
Ambassador

Post 02 Sep 2015, 6:39 am

The dice come out en masse this turn as Marshall, Doug (twice!), Meng, Josh, and Dave leave things to chance. Photo finish for places 4, 5, and 6!

Next Deadline: Turn 41 plots due Friday, September 4 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). If you can get them in earlier, I'll process the turns earlier.

Reminder that we're aiming for Suzuka builds on Tuesday!

Turn 40 Summary
Simone plots 120 and goes 3 spaces past the finish line. Marshall plots 140 and rolls the dice on the acceleration table (naked 6) and pulls up next to Simone. Doug plots 180 and rolls first on the acceleration table (naked 5) and then the top speed table (naked 11). He fails the top speed roll and must replot at 160, and suffers engine damage (-20 to TS). He pulls up to the outside of Marshall.

Chris goes 80 for free on the Antalya line. Meng plots 100 and hits the Konya line for Chance with 1s applied (mod 6). Ken also plots 100 and starts the Konya line before the corner. NPR from Grant. The RM Plot slows him to 140 and he heads outside. Josh slows to 100 using a brakes test (naked 9!) and continues on the inside. Dave plots 100 and rolls on the acceleration table (mod 7).

IstanbulC2-Turn40.png
Ambassador

Post 04 Sep 2015, 6:46 am

Chris crosses the finish and Ken takes a chance and makes it a battle for 8th.

Next Deadline: Turn 42 plots are due Tuesday, September 7 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline) due to the Labor Day holiday. Unless I have all plots back by today, the earliest I would be able to adjudicate is Monday night.

Turn 41 Summary
Chris plots 140 and heads across the finish to claim 7th. Meng finishes the Konya RL and takes the Antalya 80s for free. Ken plots 100 through the Konya 60 for a wear and Chance using his 3-skill chip (Mod 4), then hits the Antalya line for his last wear and passes Meng. Grant plots 80 and grabs the Konya line. Josh goes 100 and starts the Konya line behind Grant. Dave heads 140 down the straightaway.

IstanbulC2-Turn41.png
Ambassador

Post 07 Sep 2015, 8:13 pm

Ken & Meng finish 8th and 9th with little drama and Grant gives himself enough of an edge to secure 10th. I fast forward to the end without using any dice.

Next Deadline: Suzuka Builds due Friday, September 11 at 9am EDT/1pm UTC. I have 7 builds currently; still need them from Giovanni, Chris, Meng, Grant, and Tony. If I get them early, I'll process early. If I don't get a build, I will seek a replacement.

Turn 42 Summary
Ken accelerates to 140 and crosses the finish. Meng plots 160 and tests acceleration (naked 10), he must replot at 140 and takes a meaningless -20 hit to acceleration, but is able to take a slip off of Ken to cross the finish right behind him. Grant plots 80, taking the Konya RL for free then the Antalya 60s for Chance using his 3-skill chip (mod 5). Josh slows to 80 using a brakes test (naked 8) and takes the Konya 80s for free and starts the Antalya line. Dave blasts down the straightaway at 140.

IstanbulC2-Turn42.png

Turn 43 Summary
Grant accelerates to 140 and claims the last available GP points for Race 1. Josh continues at 80 for free on the Antalya line. Dave slows to 100, takes the Konya 80s for a wear, and starts the Antalya line.

IstanbulC2-Turn43.png

Turn 44 Summary
Josh accelerates to 120 and crosses the finish. Dave takes the Antalya line for free at 80.

IstanbulC2-Turn44.png

Turn 45 Summary
Dave accelerates to 120 and brings the race to an end.

IstanbulC2-Turn45.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm

The final numbers. Also, just for grins, I used the race times for C1 and C2 to generate a composite, 24 car finish. Of note is the dead heat between Todd (C1) and Grant (C2) for 21st. In the composite the first column of numbers is the gap between a driver the car finishing immediately in front. The second column is race time (in seconds).
IstanbulC2Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm

Congratulations to Giovanni and a big thanks to Kal. My race went pretty much as expected and planned for the first 2 laps. I kind of let Turyko pass me at the end of lap 2 because I knew I couldn't hold him off for long and I didn't want to beat up my car trying. I never really saw Simone coming until he was on my back. Good job to him for making it exciting and keeping everything clean. I was hoping my move into the backstretch on lap 3 would take Turyko by surprise but it obviously didn't since he made the same move. Then I made a mistake approaching K/A by going outside instead of inside. I could have saved a dice roll if I had gone inside. But the dice were friendly to me and it all worked out in the end.