Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Jul 2015, 11:33 am

Ooops, I forgot the Acc dice rolls for Brad & Chris. Chris applied 1sp to his. I'll correct the chart next turn.

Brad: Naked 7 (pass)
Chris: Modified 8 (pass)

Thanks to both of you for bringing this to my attention. I hold you in the highest esteem for your honesty!
Administrator

Post 22 Jul 2015, 11:34 am

Phew!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

Years ago I had developed formulae for computing average speeds for Speed Circuit races. Being involved again in SC I decided to update and computerize these. (I had done them by hand years ago)

The sections referred to on the chart are determined by Doug's timing marks on the tracks. Section 1 goes from the s/f line to the first timing mark, etc.

The program uses linear acceleration. (Not absolutely perfect, but close enough)

Cars taking advantage of a slipstream technically move slightly slower than another car that doesn't. (e.g. two cars side by side, the first plots 120s and the second plots 140, the second car will be slightly ahead of the first for the entire move even though they will end up side by side again. This is a limitation of being constrained to a full space on the game board.) The justification being that the second car is accelerating 20mph faster overall than the first car in the same distance. The program takes all this into consideration.

And late brakes are handled by assuming the acceleration to the original plotted speed until the car reaches the "braking space" at which point its acceleration is adjusted to bring the car to its final speed by the end of the move.

Either a slipstream or late brake is only meaningful on the turn that the car reaches the timing mark. Anything that happens between marks is handled by simple game mechanics. (i.e. How many full turns were taken in between timing marks added to fractions generated on turns where a car actually passes a timing mark mid-turn)

An interesting offshoot of the full space limitation is that a full game turn is roughly 7.52 seconds. So any margins less than that really can't be reflected accurately on the game board. In your race, on lap 1, according to the game mechanics Cody led the first lap by virtue of being on the inside of Fabio. However, according to the lap times computed by the program, Fabio actually led the lap by 0.225 seconds at the line. That's why Fabio shows as the lap 1 leader on the chart.

I will publish the chart each time the final car completes a section.

The chart itself should be self-explanatory but if you have any questions feel free to ask.
IstanbulC1Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Jul 2015, 9:01 pm

Thanks very much, Jim - love the stats!

Sorry for the delay, folks. This next week will be challenging as well - more vacation, this time in Ocean City, MD for a week. I am a bit more sanguine about getting some adjudications in on this trip. I'll set some firm deadlines although you can expect periodic delays.

Turn 29 Summary
Fabio heads towards Izmir at 120. Mike burns his last 2 wear at 100 on the Ankara line. Tim B. takes the Ankara 60's at 80 for a wear. At 80, cody uses the Ankara line but opts for the chance table (naked 8) and spins! John races out of Istanbul at 140 and grabs the next line. Tim C. continues at 100 to finish Istanbul. Todd starts back up from his spin at 60. Will uses the 80's for a wear at 100 and tucks in behind the #24 car. Brad also drops a wear in the Istanbul 80's at 100, staying with the #6 car. Rando plots 100, shedding one of his numerous wear in the 80's. He pulls to the inside of the #84 car. Chris gets the initiative at 120 and takes the Istanbul 80's for 2 wear. Kal brings up the rear at 100 and takes the Istanbul 100's for free.

Turn 30 Deadline: Friday, 31st @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T29.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 31 Jul 2015, 9:24 pm

Turn 30 Summary
Fabio uses the Izmir line at 80 for free. Mike pulls up to Izmir on the line at 120. Tim B. comes out of Ankara at 120. Cody comes out of his spin at 60. John takes the Ankara line for 100 and a wear. Tim C. grabs the Iine in front of Izmir at 80. Will pulls alongside the #24 car at 100. Brad tucks in behind the Dupont car at 80. At 120, Rando grabs the Ankara line. At 120 and no place to go, Todd emergency brakes down to 100 with 1sp (modified 5). He grabs the bumper of the green car. Chris pulls to the inside of the #84 car at 120. Kal finishes Istanbul at 100 and finds himself all alone.

*Note: The chart should show Brad before Randy by virtue of having the inside lane.

Turn 31 Deadline: Monday, August 3rd @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T30.png
Ambassador

Post 01 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm

SLOTerp wrote:Kal finishes Istanbul at 100 and finds himself all alone.

Nobody wants to play with me! :shift:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Aug 2015, 6:35 am

Tim C. and Will really mucked things up in Ankara...

Turn 31 Summary
Fabio cruises along at 120, taking the Bursa line for free. Mike takes the Izmir line for free at 80 then grabs the Bursa line. Tim B. uses the Izmir line for free at 80. At 120, Cody grabs the Izmir line. John pulls up next to the #38 at 140. Tim C. rides the Ankara line for free at 60. Will sheds a wear in the Ankara 40 at 60 and ends inside of the #24 car. Rando gets the initiative at 100 then drops to 80 for a wear prior to entering Ankara. He takes the Ankara 60's for a 2nd wear. Brad burns a wear in the Ankara 60's at 80 and runs to the outside of the #18 car. Chris plots 100 then pulls it back to 80 prior to Ankara with 1sp on the brake table (modified 8). He takes the 60's for a wear. At 80, Todd enters Ankara on the line for a wear but with no place to go, emergency brakes to 60 on the table with 1sp (modified 9). Kal races up to the Ankara line at 100.

Turn 32 Deadline: Wednesday, August 5th @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T31.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Aug 2015, 6:42 am

Errr... we didn't somehow just drop into race 2. Ah well, it's just aesthetics, I suppose.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 05 Aug 2015, 6:42 am

When submitting corrected plots, don't forget to check ALL the elements of your new plot!

Turn 32 Summary
Fabio takes the Adana line for free at 140 and grabs the Gaziantep line. Mike runs Bursa on the line at 120 for free and sets up the Adana line. At 120, Tim B. takes the Bursa line for free. Cody gets the initiative at 100, dropping his last wear on the Izmir line. He grabs the Bursa line. John takes the Izmir 80's for free at 80. Will plots 120 on the Izmir approach. Tim C. grabs the bumper on the #6 car at 100. Brad gets the initiative at 160 with an Acc dice roll (naked 4) and races past two cars. The line was not asked for, thus the line was not given :frown: . Rando comes out of Ankara at 140 and pulls up next to the Valvoline car. Chris finishes Ankara at 100 through the 80 spot. Todd tucks in behind Chris at 80. Kal sheds a wear on the Ankara line at 80.

Turn 33 Deadline: Friday, August 7th @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T32.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Aug 2015, 7:15 am

Best of luck for those of you at the WBC's this weekend and I hope all is going smoothly for Chris, the illustrious SC tournament RM! I am looking forward to the after action reports.
While I couldn't make it this year :sigh: , a determined effort will be made to get to Seven Springs next year.

Turn 33 Summary
Fabio continues his victory lap, going 120 for free through the Gaziantep line. Mike takes the Adana line for free at 140 & grabs the Gaziantep line. At 140, Tim B. also takes the Adana line. Cody runs both the Bursa and Adana lines for free at 120. At 120, John hits the Bursa line for free. Brad drops his speed to 80, rolling on the brake table to do so (naked 7). He takes the Izmir 80's for free and blocks the line for those behind. Rando gets the initiative at 120 and sheds 2 wear on the Izmir 80's. He passes the flag car to grab the Bursa line. Will starts on the Izmir line at 80 then has to jump off (costing a retroactive wear, his last) to move inside of the #50 car. At 80, Tim C. takes the Izmir line for free. Chris burns a wear in the Izmir line at 100. Todd runs up to Izmir on the line at 100. Kal follows at 100 to sit on the bumper of the #84 car.

Turn 34 Deadline: Monday, August 11th @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T33.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Aug 2015, 5:09 pm

Quite a spread of speeds through this section.
IstanbulC1Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 Aug 2015, 8:52 am

Thanks again for the cool stats, Jim!

Turn 34 Summary
Fabio extends his lead at 160 on the backstretch. Mike & Tim B. both take the Gaziantep line for free at 120. Cody grabs the Gaziantep line at 120. John takes the Adana line for free at 140 then grabs the bumper on the M&M's car. Rando drops a wear at 140 on the Bursa line followed by the Adana line for free. Will takes the Bursa line for free at 120. Denied the line, Brad takes the Bursa 120's for free and sits on the tailpipe of the #6. At 120, Tim C. uses the Bursa line for free. Chris sheds a wear in the Bursa 120's as he lines up behind the flag car. Todd takes the Izmir line for free at 80 then starts the Bursa line. At 80, Kal gets the Izmir line for free.

Turn 35 Deadline: Wednesday, August 12th @ 9 a.m. EDT (1 p.m. GMT)
T34.png
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 10 Aug 2015, 9:17 am

There's now a very long slow stretch of highway in front of me. I will be going into Konya/Antalya hot and mad, so pass me while you can. That's right, laugh it up boys, it's real funny. At least give me a slip Rando when you zoom by.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 10 Aug 2015, 7:14 pm

Neal Anderth wrote:There's now a very long slow stretch of highway in front of me. I will be going into Konya/Antalya hot and mad, so pass me while you can. That's right, laugh it up boys, it's real funny. At least give me a slip Rando when you zoom by.

Hmmm. Neal. Neal? Who are you? I don't see Neal as a racer on this track.
Me, I hide nothing. Rando = Randy, no obfuscation there. I plan on blistering the back half of this track. I feel so good having twice as much wear as next-most. :)

Tell you, though, I would feel even better if I weren't 19 frikking' spaces behind our illustrious leader who has run a masterful race. Bravo! I'm hoping to move up a bit. A place or two? If I don't pass my blood-sworn target Cody even after he damaged his car, well then shame on me.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 12 Aug 2015, 8:33 am

I am vengeance, I am the night, I am batman.