Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 11 Jul 2015, 6:08 pm

Now that NWO is done, I'm considering running one of 3 map variants...any input from potential players?

Fall of the American Empire (v4):
empire4_ra.gif

Aberration:
aberration_ra.gif

Modern:
modern_ra.gif

I am leaning towards Empire4, but have a soft spot for Aberration.
Kal
Emissary

Post 12 Jul 2015, 12:27 am

The only one of these I've never played is Aberration, so I'd be up for that. As it happens though I agree, the American Empire game does look like fun, and the only other time I played it I ended up getting eliminated early so it might as well be for the first time. I'd be up for any of them really.
Dignitary

Post 12 Jul 2015, 6:56 am

I'd probably jump into one of these games. All of them look fun but Aberration would be my preference. Only played it once before and got slammed as Eire because I tried to play it the same as England.
Adjutant

Post 13 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm

I'm in.

I'm good for v4 as a change in mao...but Aberration would be a close second

Patrick
Patrickpweeks
Ambassador

Post 15 Jul 2015, 6:19 am

I'm thinking I will go toward Aberration this time but keep Empire4 close at hand. I've played Empire4 on vDip and it was ok, but to my knowledge we haven't used it on Redscape (we had the Redscape-developed NAFTA variant which was close and I think lost for good). I'll work on an opening announcement this week with an eye on S01 being no earlier than the first week of August.
Emissary

Post 15 Jul 2015, 8:28 am

I played it on Redscape a few years back. That was back on the old site though, so the archive probably doesn't even exist.

As a rule I do prefer playing games set outside of Europe. Aberration doesn't look too bad though, it's different at least.

I'm likely to be away for the first week in August btw, so if it can be held over till the second week (or started up but with a deadline that runs into the second week) it would suit me better.
Dignitary

Post 16 Jul 2015, 1:36 am

Kal wrote:I'm thinking I will go toward Aberration this time but keep Empire4 close at hand. I've played Empire4 on vDip and it was ok, but to my knowledge we haven't used it on Redscape (we had the Redscape-developed NAFTA variant which was close and I think lost for good). I'll work on an opening announcement this week with an eye on S01 being no earlier than the first week of August.

NAFTA got lost? thats a shame, that was a good map.

aberation looks interesting. I was thinking I might avoid a new game for a little while but if you need a player to get it going I'll join in.
Administrator

Post 20 Jul 2015, 5:54 am

I played Empire way back when, I recall enjoying it but never liked the whole east vs west ocean nonsense. Not a fan of such areas where the two shall never meet, it makes fleets less valuable and for those who do need them, once they did their job, they have no more value in the late game.
The other two are both intriguing however!
Administrator

Post 21 Jul 2015, 7:16 am

Hey Kal, anything new about the proposed new game? I have not played in a long while and am in the mood for a new game. In fact, I have done NOTHING by way of hosting games in a very long time and am thinking of that as well but unfortunately I need a new computer before I can do that, I am limited now to my smart phone and my computer at work (playing only) I CAN use an old computer but it's very slow, sometimes craps out on me and I need to hook the laptop to a monitor as well....nothing that's going to happen for hosting a game.
Ambassador

Post 26 Jul 2015, 8:06 pm

Now Recruiting: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3066
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 29 Jul 2015, 9:55 am

kal, i will play, it has only been 30 years since i played john welage
Adjutant

Post 15 Nov 2019, 5:02 am

Sassenach wrote:The only one of these I've never played is Aberration, so I'd be up for that. As it happens though I agree, the American Empire game does look like fun Rachat de crédit + trésorerie, and the only other time I played it I ended up getting eliminated early so it might as well be for the first time. I'd be up for any of them really.

And me, I'm sure it would be really nice.